Wednesday, April 24, 2024

I have soooooooooo never been a part of the popular crowd and I soooooooooo never will be...

I'm too honest.

I speak the truth, 

And people hate the truth.

I can see that the emperor is naked,

And no one in a popular crowd wants you to see that.

You're supposed to see him fully clothed,

You see,

And I don't.

So no likes for me.

No hordes of adoring masses clamoring for more of me.

People only like me when they are all alone with me.

I'm only popular with people then.

In the dark when no one else can see that they really agree with me and my truths.

But when the sun comes out and the masses begin to gather again,

I am abandoned and forgotten.

You can't be with the popular crowd if you are with me,

You see,

And no one wants to be alone,

Not even unpopular me.