Friday, March 1, 2024

Liberace once had spaghetti dinner at my grandparents’ house…


So this particular legendary familial tale goes something like this...

My very gay Uncle David was working as Liberace's assistant one summer while he was in South Florida playing his piano at some music festival or other,

I guess that part of the tale was never important,

Or at least not important enough for me to remember,

But anyway,

My very gay Uncle David being the very gay boy that he was wanted to make his Mamma happy.

And what better way in the late 1960's to make your Mamma happy, but to bring Liberace home as a surprise guest for your weekly spaghetti dinner.

And after dinner, Liberace sat in my grandfather's chair and talked for a while.

And then Liberace and my uncle left.

The End.

Not much to this legendary familial celebrity tale,

But then again,

How many of you out there can say that Liberace had spaghetti dinner at your grandparents' house??

Exactly!

Sometimes legendary tales can be on the boring side.

I have no idea if Liberace peed while he was at my grandparents' house.

My Great Grandma Rosie wasn't there to check it out.